Thursday, September 13, 2012

Glory, Glory





I am certain
Beyond a shadow of a doubt
That through You, my poetry will take different shape.
Like the shape of a tiny cicada that wants to dig free
think description of the things that live around 
that exist simply to show us 
the bounty 
the glory, glory

that my poetic lips will grow 
more silent of lusts and greeds and deeds
and instead use my poet hands to 
grow more praise of Your bounty
of Your glory, glory

poetry - where there won’t be much mention of me
Lord, help me, silence my ego.
And let me be still and at peace -forever in Your presence
And let me shape these words into something so lovely
That people smile at the sight of these words.

Like the shape of a tiny cicada growing big
And finally pushing free to make one of Your many sounds– sound around us
sounds that surround us
Reminding us all
The glory and the glory – of Your creation. 




2 comments:

  1. Esta precioso, que hermoso puedes rezar Zaira, que inspiracion
    gracias por compartirlo

    ReplyDelete